Tuolumne County is where winter wonders await and adventurous memories are made. Now's the time to enjoy the less crowded Yosemite National Park, Gold Country, and High Sierra. Travel to our affordable, vacation destination and experience winter like never before.
1. The snow is falling, and Dodge Ridge Ski Area is calling! Catch the winter wave and hit the slopes in the High Sierra. Be a part of the many generations of skiers and snowboarders that have been enjoying Dodge Ridge since its opening in 1950.
2. Take in a live theatre production at the Sierra Repertory Theatre, where local entertainment thrives. This year’s lineup of classic shows are full of captivating fun for everyone.
3. Step back in time at Columbia State Historic Park, for gold panning, stagecoach rides and shopping in Gold Rush-era shops.
5. Paint a masterpiece at a Brush and Cork class. Sip wine and let the artistry sweep you away in this step by step interactive class.
6. Get cozy and rest your head in a historic Gold Rush-era inn featuring modern touches of comfort.
9. Sweet treat shopping in Tuolumne County is a MUST at Nelson’s Candy Kitchen in Columbia State Historic Park. Peek into the front window to view their incredible team, hard at work, making fresh candies by hand.
10. Increase your elevation, bundle up and lace up for some fun at Long Barn Lodge Ice Skating Rink and Event Center. This High Sierra rink is the perfect place to encounter true mountain vibes in action.
11. Try sweet local hard cider at Indigeny Reserve in Sonora. You won't be able to get enough of the seasonal flavors: pumpkin spice cider and cranberry cider, as well as a variety of fun flavored spirits.
13. Indulge your sweet tooth at Cover's Apple Ranch, where they specialize in delicious pies and cider. Stop by the petting zoo, while you’re there, and say hello to the happy farm animals.
14. Make historic discoveries and support local with a day of antique shopping in the historic towns of Sonora, Jamestown, and Columbia. Keep your eyes peeled for the perfect memento to capture your adventure.
15. Sip hot mochas and take in the sights of indigenous foliage at Mountain Sage Cafe and Nursery. Wander the grounds and discover a beautifully lit-up tree house, fit for all ages.
16. Check out The Harte of the Kitchen in the little mountain town of Twain Harte on Thursdays for their weekly Sip & Snacks. Try their delicious goodies made in house, and take the recipes home with you.
17. Weather permitting, hit the trail in snowshoes and head to Yosemite National Park’s Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias. Snowshoe rentals available on your way into the park at Yosemite Adventure Supplies in Groveland.
18. Escape the crowds of Yosemite, awaken your sense of adventure, and experience the park in a unique way – from the sky! Take off at the Columbia Airport and view Yosemite National Park and its unmistakable icons from the air with Yosemite Flight Tours.
19. Go for a drive to the High Sierra and make your destination Pinecrest Lake. Transformed by snow, this National Forest lake is full of winter views and opportunities to go walking in a winter wonderland.