Tuolumne County is where winter wonders await and adventurous memories are made. This year, we're celebrating 25 days of authentic holiday adventures in Yosemite National Park, Gold Country, and High Sierra. Travel to our winter vacation destination, make every day count, and experience December like never before.
1. The snow is falling, and Dodge Ridge Ski Area is calling! Catch the winter wave and hit the slopes in the High Sierra. Be a part of the many generations of skiers and snowboarders that have been enjoying Dodge Ridge since its opening in 1950. The 2018/19 season begins December 1, 2018.
2. Take in a live theatre production at the Sierra Repertory Theatre, where holiday fun and local entertainment collide. This year’s holiday shows are full of festive fun for everyone.
5. Paint a very merry masterpiece at a Brush and Cork class. Sip wine and let the artistry sweep you away in this step by step interactive class.
9. Sweet treat shopping in Tuolumne County is a MUST at Nelson’s Candy Kitchen in Columbia State Historic Park. Peek into the front window to view their incredible team, hard at work, making fresh candy canes by hand.
10. Increase your elevation, bundle up and lace up for some fun at Long Barn Lodge Ice Skating Rink and Event Center. This High Sierra rink is the perfect place to encounter true Christmas spirit in action.
13. Indulge your sweet tooth at Covers Apple Ranch, where they specialize in delicious pies and cider. Stop by the petting zoo, while you’re there, and wish the fun farm animals a Merry Christmas.
15. Make historic discoveries and support local with a day of antique shopping in the historic towns of Sonora, Jamestown, and Columbia. Keep your eyes peeled for the perfect retro ornament to remember your adventure.
16. Sip hot mochas and take in the sights of indigenous foliage at Mountain Sage Cafe and Nursery. Wander the grounds and discover a beautifully lit-up tree house, fit for all ages.
17. Check out The Harte of the Kitchen in the little mountain town of Twain Harte on Thursdays for their weekly Sip & Snacks. Try their holiday goodies made in house, and take the recipes home with you.
19. Wander a magical Northern Californian Christmas Tree farm with hot chocolate in hand. Bramble Tree Farm will have you singing “Oh Christmas Tree..” on your adventure through their locally owned grove.
20. All aboard to the North Pole! Take a ride on The Polar Express™ train at Railtown 1897 State Historic Park. Enjoy hot cocoa, meet Mr. and Mrs. Claus, and experience the classic Christmas movie reenactment on the Sierra No. 3™ “Movie Star Train.”
21. Travel back in time to the Gold Rush- era and experience what it was like for A Miner’s Christmas in Columbia State Historic Park. Hear the tales, ask questions, and roast chestnuts at this authentic holiday occasion.
22. Escape the crowds of Yosemite, awaken your sense of adventure, and experience the park in a unique way – from the sky! Take off at the Columbia Airport and view Yosemite National Park and its unmistakable icons from the air with Yosemite Flight Tours.
23. Go for a drive to the High Sierra and make your destination Pinecrest Lake. Transformed by snow, this National Forest lake is full of winter views and opportunities to go walking in a winter wonderland.
25. Take in the sights of a Christmas, like no other, in a High Sierra cabin stay. Make memories that will last a lifetime and start new traditions with loved ones on a bucket list worthy winter trip.