by Mackenzie Rodgers, Digital Content Coordinator
1. Dodge Ridge Ski Resort has winter fun for everyone! With 61 runs, 12 lifts, 1,600 vertical feet, 3 dining facilities, rental equipment and superb adult/children learn-to-ski or ride programs, this ski park will make Tuolumne County your new favorite winter destination. Bring the family and spend time together in the recently added Family Lodge, with cozy bistro and let them play in the expanded children's snow sports center with preschool snow play program. Dont want to drive in the snow Take the Ski Bus from Sonora and ride to the snow.
2. Leland High Sierra Snowplay is the exciting chill thrill youve been longing for. 15 acres of tubing terrain for every age makes ours the biggest and best snow play facility in the Sierra! A full-service lift-served snow park with a brand new magic carpet and two tows to take you to the top! All tubes included with lift tickets. Dining facilities are there too.
3. Long Barn Ice Skating Rink is Highway 108s locals-favorite for ice skating in the winter time. Increase your elevation, bundle up and feel the historic family tradition beneath your skates at Long Barn Lodge Ice Skating Rink and Event Center for ice skating. Families have been coming to this rink for generations, which was once an actual barn housing miners mules during winters. This Lodge is a one of a kind holiday experience fit for hot chocolate sipping and fun-filled skating.
4. Yosemites Tuolumne Grove is transformed in the winter, so its the perfect time to explore Yosemite in a new way: on snowshoes! Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias is a quieter destination on the outskirts of Yosemite. This 2.5 mile round trip is the perfect winter wonderland adventure. The hike features iconic trees like the Tunnel Tree and the Red Giant, among many others. Be sure to stop at Yosemite Adventure Supplies in Groveland before your trip to rent a pair of snowshoes fit for the experience ahead.
5. Below the snow is a plethora of options for winter fun, minus the white stuff. Experience historic Gold Country on an authentic stagecoach ride at Columbia State Historic Park. Taste local wine and cider, shop in unique stores, visit fascinating museums or see a live theater performance. Tuolumne County has something fun for everyone!