For pet owners, a vacation isn't complete if you can't bring them along! Tuolumne County has many hiking trails, attractions, lodging and even a few restaurants that are more than happy to let your pet enjoy your vacation with you.
Top Things To Do with Your Dog in Tuolumne County
1. Walk the Dragoon Gulch Trail in Sonora
2. Take your dog on a train ride at Railtown 1897 State Historic Park
3. Travel back in time on a stagecoach ride in Columbia State Historic Park
4. Splash around and swim at Pinecrest Lake
5. Hike on endless scenic trails on the Stanislaus National Forest
6. Enjoy a glass of organic hard apple cider while walking the beautiful grounds of Indigeny Reserve
See below for lodging options throughout Tuolumne County that happily accept your pet.
FAQS About Dogs in Yosemite
Are dogs allow in Yosemite?
The short answer is yes. The longer answer is their are serveral places where you and your four legged friend can enjoy the park, but they are not allowed everywhere. As a rule of thumb you may bring them on any paved roads and paths and in desginated campgrounds.
Is there pet friendly lodging?
If you aren't in the mood for a camping trip, Tuolumne County has a wide variety of accommodations that accept dogs.
Is there boarding or pet sitting?
If there are some activites you would like to enjoy without your there are boarding facilities both in and out of the park. Make sure you schedule in advance.
Where can I find dog friendly information?
Right here! Below you will find our pet friendly partners. Dog Trekker is also a great resource for pet friendly travel!