Important Note: A reservation is required to drive into Yosemite National Park, with the exception of Hetch Hetchy Reservoir, from May 20 through September 30, 2022, between 6am and 4pm. Click here for more information about Peak Hour Reservations.
Tip: Try utilizing a local tour operator or riding public transportation to Yosemite to avoid needing a Peak Hour Reservation.
- Begin your day in Groveland with breakfast and pick up a boxed lunch.
- Stop by the Tuolumne County Visitors Center inside the Groveland Yosemite Gateway Museum for park information and to take a look at the extensive exhibits. (Museum open year-round; visitors center open seasonally. Friday-Sunday 10am-2pm.)
- Head to the Yosemite Valley Floor for those iconic views of Yosemite Falls, Vernal Fall, Bridalveil Fall, Half Dome, El Capitan, and the Merced River.
- Before leaving Yosemite, stop for a hike amongst some of the world's oldest and biggest trees in the Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias.
- Stay overnight along Highway 120 where you have your choice of mountain resorts, B&Bs, RV parks with unique cabin options (even Conestoga wagons), or historic inns.